The Simply Luxurious Life®: Want & Have Outfit: No. 24  

March 7, 2013

Want & Have Outfit: No. 24

 

Wednesday night I sat down and watched the premiere of The Rachel Zoe Project. I must say that it was one of the best episodes I’ve ever watched. While I may be a bit bias, let me first explain.

In September, Rachel Zoe’s spring 2013 collection walked down the runway at Lincoln Center for the first time during New York Fashion Week (previously she had revealed her collections as presentations). The entire episode focused on the preparation and ultimately, the culmination of the actual show itself. Full of tweaks, scissor slices as well as Rachel's attendance at three other top designer shows (Oscar de la Renta, Prabal Gurung and Michael Kors), the viewers received a wonderful glimpse into the glamorized experience that is NYFW.

And the other, more personal, reason I loved this episode so much was that I too was in New York City attending fashion week during that particular taping. No, I didn’t have the privilege of attending top designer shows (but I did attend – here’s a glimpse – day one, two and three) nor did I get a glimpse of Rachel Zoe, but I did drink in the energy, walk the corridor full of photogs at Lincoln Center and indulge in the amazing weather (following the random tornado).

So with Spring fashions on my mind, a few Thursday Style Inspiration posts including oodles of boyfriend jeans (here and here) and in particular Rachel Zoe’s spring collection, I pulled together this week’s outfit (one top for warmer weather, one for a touch more warmth and one to wear in my dreams).

~WANT~

~J.Brand ‘Aiden’ distressed boyfriend jeans~

~Rachel Zoe ‘Marcy’ oversized sequin top~

or

~Chloe draped sateen top~

~L.A.M.B. Janaye pump~

or

~Kenneth Cole white pump~

~Rebecca Minkoff M.A.B. leather tote (other colors available)~

~HAVE~

~Iris & Ink cashmere sweater (gray, other colors available)~

~SHOP THIS LOOK:

2 Comments:

At March 7, 2013 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Splendid Market said...

I love seeing the wardrobe through your view. I always learn something,

 
At March 8, 2013 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

I watched the RZ premiere last night and immediately wanted to pull out my mega high wedges and wide bottom pants! One of these days I will own a piece from her collection, even a piece of her jewelry which is to die for in my eyes.
Great outfit Shannon.
Cheers
xoxo Carrie

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home