The Simply Luxurious Life®: Joie – Fall 2013  

February 19, 2013

Joie – Fall 2013

While Diane von Furstenberg, Oscar de la Renta and Burberry will always impress my eye for style, classic design and sophisticated wardrobe pieces, very few, if any of their pieces will ever be in my closet due to their impressive price tags. With that said, I’m always looking for designers who offer quality at an affordable price.

Last year, I began wearing Joie silk tops (I think I have three or four of them in my closet now), and I have been very pleased with the fabric, structure and feminine, yet classic designs they offer. Women of all ages wear Joie’s designs from young fashionable celebrities like Ashley Tisdale to talk show hosts like Joy Behar (she wears the Marru top quite often on The View and it looks great).

As a fan of their designs, I was excited to discover that they held their first New York Fashion Week presentation last week. With casual Parisian inspiration, the fall 2013 line is something I will be looking forward to come August. Here are a few of my favorite looks:

With a uniquely regal, yet French country setting, the models lounged, posed, lounged and posed some more. Very reminiscent of how the clothes can be dressed up or down depending upon what your lifestyle demands.

Images courtesy of Fashionista

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Kristie said...

I really like how their design is classic, but with an edge. The show looks like it had British street slant to it. My, how models are looking younger and younger to me.

 
At February 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM , Anonymous Ellen said...

I really admire your blog.

Today's pictures though....ugh- for the fact that the models are 12 yrs. old and look inappropriate for their age.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home