The Simply Luxurious Life®: Want & Have Outfit: No. 1  

September 19, 2012

Want & Have Outfit: No. 1

You know you are a lover of fashion when one of your favorite things to do each day is to put together your outfit for whatever your schedule demands. I can safely include myself in this category. Without question. And it is the day or weeks before that I play around with ideas in my mind about potential outfits – what works well together, what one item is missing that I should look for the next time I visit my favorite boutiques, etc. – that continue to cause me to look for new inspiration and ideas on how to better use the clothes I already have.

And as someone who is always looking for that one extra item to add to my closet that will pull so many other wardrobe ideas together, I’ve decided to create one outfit a week here on the blog that includes clothes from my very own closet that I wear regularly and love, as well as items I am dreaming about that would work well with what I already have.

So with that, I am happy to welcome a new weekly feature to Thursdays – Want & Have Outfit. My goal is to inspire you to look through your own closet and find as many different outfits with what you already have, so that all you really need to do is determine which one missing piece would bring it all together. Not only will this save you money, but it will ideally help you to unveil outfits you didn’t know you had.

Let’s get started . . .

Today’s outfit is one that I wear (in part) to work on a regular basis. While my ballet flats are always packed in my tote to give my heels feet a break when I need them, I prefer pointed toe heels, pencil skirts and silk blouses.

WANT:

~Trina Turk Link necklace~

~Joie dark navy Marru silk top (I have, and love, this particular blouse in porcelain and just discovered the dark navy option.)~

~J.Crew double width belt~

~J.Crew collection invitation clutch in printed calf hair~

HAVE:

~J.Crew No. 2 pencil skirt in double-serge wool~

~DVF Anette pump in nude patent leather~

~Chloé Eau de Parfume Spray~

17 Comments:

At September 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! I am excited about this.. I love the silk blouse... it's a little bit pricey, but maybe worth the investment!

www.azrakunworld.com

 
At September 19, 2012 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Lexi said...

I love planning out potential outfits!
♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

 
At September 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Meera said...

This outfit is so chic! I love that leopard print clutch.

xoxo, Meera

 
At September 20, 2012 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Mar said...

Great idea, now I will be looking forward to Thursdays! And great first outfit too!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 5:33 AM , Blogger barefoot duchess said...

love your shoes and want this envelope bag soooo bad!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 6:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this. I have started to buy great timeless outfits and this is so useful for me in my tentative first steps all the way here in South Africa.

 
At September 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this post! Can't wait 'til next Thursday.

 
At September 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I dont have and want all of the above:)

 
At September 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous allison said...

Love it, great new feature, thank you!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM , Blogger The Croissantnoisseur said...

The double width belt just got added to the JCrew sale - 30% off! Well timed :)

 
At September 21, 2012 at 1:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I've been looking for, ideas and inspiration that will help me be more creative with my wardrobe. & I dearly love silk & am wondering if I should just go ahead and purchase the silk top in white & navy... I'll let my purse decide,x

 
At September 21, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous La Francaise said...

This is a great new feature, Shannon, and it fits in exactly with our style philosophy here in France where we buy well-cut, high-quality 'investment' basics (like the pencil skirt or the pumps - I personally love Loboutins!), which we expect to last for several years, and add a few on-trend pieces - like the animal-print clutch - to bring the look up-to-date without slavishly following here-today-gone-tomorrow fads. And, I love the emphasis on perfume! No self-respecting Parisienne would feel dressed without her signature scent!! I'm looking forward to this new feature. :-)

 
At September 21, 2012 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous La Francaise said...

Sorry! Spelling mistake above. It's Friday evening, and the end of a tiring week! Please read 'Louboutins'. Sloppy syntax, too. 'New feature' used twice!!! Anyway, it's always great to read your sartorial wisdom, and this new offering is the perfect addition, Shannon. MERCI!

 
At September 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Love this feature. Thanks for sharing. I really want that blouse now too!

 
At September 21, 2012 at 7:03 PM , Anonymous Stephanie said...

I'm really going to like this feature! I've been working over the past year to slowly update my wardrobe and figure out what my signature style is. It's similar; for the entire past year my work outfits have consisted of either a pencil skirt or a dress - I realized awhile back that I feel and look much better in them than pants. I've bought several investment items in the last year. It still takes time and it's still expensive, but I've realzied that it's better to have the patience than buy something average I'll only end up donating 6 months from now. I'll enjoy this for giving me more ideas!

As for the outfit items, I don't personally care for the blouse (I like my tops a little more tailored). Love the skirt - I have a J. Crew pencil and they are so well made. I also bought investment nude pumps this year - I love wearing them!

 
At September 22, 2012 at 6:25 AM , Anonymous La Francaise said...

You are oh-so-right Stephanie!! Welcome to the 'investment' rather than 'tat' style club! Yes, the initial investment is considerable, but on a cost-per-wear basis it is often cheaper than buying from cutting-edge fashion chains, and YOUR clothes won't fall apart or go out of style. Rather, if well-chosen they'll always look chic. I invested in an Yves St Laurent black tuxedo about 12 years ago, and it still gives me tremendous pleasure and a feel-good boost every time I wear it, which is far more often than I imagined when I bought it, cos the jacket looks just as great paired with a cashmere sweater, jeans and ballet flats as it does with formal evening garb. :-)

 
At September 24, 2012 at 10:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your Blog and follow it continually. Also love your new 'Want and Have" concept, but instead of the pics of individual pieces and then just being shuttled to the store where available, I'd much prefer seeing, preferably, you, wearing the pieces together (or a model) so I can actually see how the pieces look and work together in real life.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home