The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

September 14, 2012

The Weekend . . .

One of my favorite moments while in Manhattan this past week was finding a few moments of free time to wander through Central Park. As I mentioned in this post, I found Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis’ Reservoir and decided to take a seat, nibble on a French pastry and take a few deep breaths as I pinched myself for being able to enjoy this wonderful experience of traveling to New York during fashion week. Next to where I sat was the Bow Bridge (pictured above), and I think it was the ability to escape for a quiet respite while in one of the world’s most driven, energetic cities in the world that made this moment all the more lovely.

During the past six weeks I realize I have been very, very fortunate to travel to the three places in the world I for so long had only dreamed about, and as I go into this last weekend before the school year begins, I want to continue to bring to you the reader inspiration to live and cultivate your most amazing simply luxurious life. Because one of the most rewarding lessons I have derived from all of this is that life has wonderful, breath-taking-away moments it wants to share with us if only we dare to dream that the impossible is indeed possible. Now, go about the business of putting yourself out there and reveling in the beauty that life has to offer.

Thank you so much for choosing to travel with me via the blog or contacting me while I was in New York (via Twitter, Email, Facebook, etc). Your tips, questions and excitement added to the all-around making of an experience I will never forget.

And as you can imagine, while this past seven days was the opening week of Fashion Week beginning in New York City, the blog has been busy. Below is a list of the regular weekly posts, posts journaling my three days in the Big Apple and twelve NYFW Spring 2013 collections that I wanted to share with you. Have a look . . .

~The most popular post of the week . . . High Standards Equal a High Quality of Living

~Style Inspiration: New York Fashion Week – SS 2013

~This & That: No. 24 . . . a new talk show, a trendy fun scarf and some of my New York City top picks to visit

~Ever want to know why I’m so passionate about sharing how to live a simply luxurious life? Read Joelle of Something Charming blog’s interview with me in her series “Look at Her”.

~Why Not . . . Accessorize Your Work Week?

~And this week’s newsletter – issue #116 – click here to read.

Travel with me . . . ~While in New York . . .~

~Day One~

~Day Two~

~Day Three~

New York Fashion Week Spring 2013

~Rachel Zoe~

~J.Crew~

~Michael Kors~

~Oscar de la Renta~

~Carolina Herrera~

~Daniella Kallmeyer~

~Zac Posen~

~Diane von Furstenberg~

~Victoria Beckham~

~St. John~

~Behnaz Sarafpour~

~Jason Wu~

With September in full swing and offering wonderful, warm, yet fall-esque weather, I hope you have a restorative weekend. Until Monday, bonjour.

Images:  (1) pinterest (2) pinterest

1 Comments:

At September 15, 2012 at 1:41 PM , Blogger ravenlocks said...

I just found your blog and I'm so glad I did :) You have some great tips on here and equally fabulous style. You now have a new follower.

xoxo Azu

www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home