The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

May 4, 2012

The Weekend . . .

One of the weekends I look forward to each year is the weekend our local Farmers’ Market begins for the season. Yes, today is that day. Needless to say, if you live in the area and are headed down to the market, you may just run into me. I will be on the lookout for fresh spring produce and will be trying to create a meal from what I find (yes, I can do it. I will follow the French model.) And maybe if I’m lucky, the peonies will be waiting to be purchased as well.

During this particular weekend, I will be savoring some time at home. There is something special about such weekends. Probably because, as of late, I am usually heading out of town. To sleep in in my own bed with dogs’ wet noses and nudges to wake me up, steaming hot lavender tea and croissants along with the Sunday paper to dive into and to be the master of time, not letting it tell me when or where I have to be, even if it is only for two days, are all reasons why I cherish such weekends at home.

I hope your week has gone well, and you are looking ahead to a wonderful weekend. Whatever it may bring, may it be sweet, kind and memorable.  And if you aren’t already a subscriber to the weekly newsletter and would like to enter the most recent giveaway, be sure to subscribe by Sunday (May 6th) and enter to win Nell Stephenson’s debut book Paleoista.

Here is a look back on the past week on the blog:

*My most recent fashion obsession – Why Not . . . Wear a Pencil Skirt?

*Book Review: Paleoista

*Happy Anniversary Kate & William – a look back on Kate’s first year as official fashion royalty

*Style Inspiration: Whites & Neutrals

*Mid-Week Motivation shared on Jenesequa - 5 Instances when Quality is Better than Quantity

*Most popular post of the week – Live Offensively, Not Defensively

And this week’s newsletter – issue #99 – click here to read.

Until Monday, bonjour!

Images: (1) pinterest  (2) pinterest

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Leah said...

Hey Shannon! As always, your blog is such a breath of fresh air! I'm reaching out to all my fellow bloggers and would love for you to check out my Vintage Giveaway going on now.. http://www.couturearabesque.com/2012/05/couture-arabesque-mega-may-giveaway.html

xoxo,
Leah
www.couturearabesque.com

 
At May 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM , Anonymous scsw said...

Ooh, peony season! That is the best!

I am looking forward to the start of the Farmer's Market as well!

Also, don't forget that tomorrow is the Dirt Dabbler's Plant Sale. I have not been to this yet, but I have heard the plants go quickly! I am looking forward to picking some up, if I can get there on time! :)

Croissants, tea, and snuggly doggies make for a perfect weekend! Have you had the croissants from Patisserie, in Walla Walla? Those are the closest croissants I have found semi-locally that taste like the ones from Paris. Their pain au chocolat was pretty good too!

Have a great weekend!

 
At May 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Karla@TheClassyWoman said...

I hope you have a lovely time at the Farmers' Market! I just picked up a stunning bouquet of flowers filled with pink peonies from Whole Foods for a steal. They are gorgeous, my very favorite flowers! :)

Happy Weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home