The Simply Luxurious Life®: This & That: No. 6  

May 8, 2012

This & That: No. 6


A good book, a captivating movie, simple and scrumptious appetizers . . . and there’s more . . .



~Blog Posts

~”Small Home Office Ideas” found on Bright Bold & Beautiful

As editor of Bright, Bold & Beautiful, editor Laura Trevey fills her blog with beautiful images of decor inspiration, DIY ideas, as well color inspirations and beautiful finds. I particularly enjoyed her post focusing on small home offices as I believe anyone, regardless of how small or large their living quarters, should have a designated space for handling personal business, money and viewing the internet.

~How to Spot a Good Baguette from Luxuo

As I prepare to sit down for my dinner tonight, on the menu is a baquette, and I have a feeling that it unfortunately doesn’t meet the criteria that Luxuo shares. Oh, how I wish I had a French boulangerie in my neighborhood!

~Movies

Iron Lady starring Oscar winner for Best Actress Meryl Streep

Based on John Campbell’s biography of the United Kingdom’s first female prime minister, Phyllida Lloyd directs Meryl Streep to her second best actress academy award in the film Iron Lady. Such an amazing depiction by Streep of Margaret Thatcher, frequently throughout the film I found myself not seeing Meryl, but envisioning the Iron Lady herself.

With frequent flashbacks delving into Thatcher’s life as a young lady working at her father’s grocery as well as her time serving her eleven years in as Prime Minister, the majority of the film captures her in modern time, as she works her way through the grief of the loss of her husband, but also, still years later, through of the loss of her high political stature.

I found oodles of inspiration, and cried a few tears I must admit.

~Books

~Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate) by Amy Thomas

My Francophile tendencies never cease, as I recently finished Amy Thomas’ memoir chronicling her two years working for Louis Vuitton in Paris. With endless recommendations of sweet spots throughout the City of Light, Thomas’ authentic and charming voice is a thrilling read as you can experience her excitement as she embarks on an opportunity that seemed only once a dream.

~Recipes

~Simple Garlic Mushroom Bruschetta from Donald Skehan

Bruschetta. A simple, yet so very versatile appetizer to serve guests or yourself and a date at the end of a long day or prior to going out, paired with a savory glass of wine of course. Donald Skehan’s garlic mushroom bruschetta caught my eye as simple combined with delicious always does. Certainly a must-try.

~Decor

Mia Table Lamp – White from West Elm

There is something about linen that captivates me. Maybe it’s the texture, maybe it’s the natural aesthetic, either way I am hooked. And so with the Mia table lamp’s linen shade and white ceramic glazed body, I began the search to find a place in my office to place it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home