The Simply Luxurious Life®: This & That: No. 4  

April 17, 2012

This & That: No. 4


Paris, chocolate, fashion . . . oh, and intellectual pursuits, as well as ways to welcome more happiness into your life . . .  

 ~Pinterest

~Lauren Santo Domingo

Last year Lauren Santo Domingo began her new business venture Moda Operandi which sells the new designs of each season that have just walked off the runway to those fashionistas who don’t want to wait for it to arrive in the store. Captured regularly by photographers on her way to  fashion events and other galas, Lauren always looks stunning and clearly has an appreciation for fashion. Her pinterest shares this aesthetic as well as her images are classic, yet uniquely adhering to her particular taste of luxury and minimalism (or her assistant’s, I’m not sure).


~Blog

~A Woman’s Paris

I just discovered this blog and couldn’t wait to share it with my fellow Francophiles. Focused on sharing the French elegance and personal style, founder Barbara Redmond frequently travels to Paris and with this fondness for the City of Light, she regularly post on all things French. I do think you’ll enjoy.

~Chocolatier Shop

~Cacao Atlanta

In the most recent issue of Town & Country (May 2012), entrepreneur Kristen Hard’s chocolatier shop Cacao Atlanta is featured, and I must say, she certainly is a woman with a sound mind for business and an appreciation for a high-quality product.  With three boutiques in Atlanta offering bars and truffles with 70% or higher chocolate content, she is a stickler for an exquisite chocolate experience.

~Shopping

~3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Minute Cosmetic Zip clutch
 
With simplicity and high functionality, Phillip Lim’s new clutch offered in black, blue, white and tan will accomodate the need for a simple way to carry around your necessities for a quick errand run or an evening out.

~App

~NPR

Whether it is in the morning as I get ready for work or as I am welcoming the weekend sunshine into my kitchen as the rest of the house is waking up, I love my NPR app on my iPad or iPhone (or just listening to it on the radio).  What I love about the app is that I can organize my playlist to hear particular book, television or music reviews as well as news topics that capture my interest but I might have missed during my busy week. It’s a news station that I can design, which I love!

~Blog Post

~10 Habits You Must Quit to Be Happy by Marc & Angel Hack Life

Seeking happiness is a continual pursuit, but sometimes in doing so we unintentionally get in our own way.  One of my favorite inspirational blogs – Marc & Angel Hack Life – shares a concise list that is worth reading to help each of us achieve more of the happiness we wish to enjoy.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 17, 2012 at 4:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting post! Thanks!!!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home