The Simply Luxurious Life®: In Celebration . . . Two Years  

December 26, 2011

In Celebration . . . Two Years

On this day two years ago The Simply Luxurious Life blog came into fruition. Since then so much has grown out of my simple idea of how the most fulfilling life can be lived. As I have shared my ideas, so too have you, my readers, shared your stories, questions, thoughts and insights, and I am so very, very grateful.

Getting to know you and meeting people who have similar interests, as well as experiences, is a reminder that we are all more similar than we are different.  We may all have different paths, but when we realize that we all seek an outlet for our passions, people to love and be loved by for just being our best selves and a world that reveals more beauty than pain, we truly are more kindred spirits than strangers.

What the past two years has shown me, and especially this last year, is that Arthur Buddhold’s quote is absolutely correct, “Follow your passion, and success will follow you.” While my definition of success may be different from others, I can say with all certainty that by being true to what I love – writing, fashion, simplicity, beauty and possibility – I have created a better and most fulfilling life for myself that excites me as I move forward.  This, dear readers, is what I wish for you as well.

Here is a look back on the past year that continues to surprise and amaze me as I venture into this world of blogging . . .

. . . the realization and putting into practice that being a lady is about being discreet, yet strong, mysterious, yet certain in her direction and curious, but always knowledgeable . . .

 

. . . fortunate opportunities to meet readers of the blog and appreciate their talents and gifts as well, as well as the blessing of being able to work with other talented writers . . .

-

. . . enjoying the continual process of streamlining and building a signature style that will last . . .

. . . the treat of meeting a talented artist in Inslee who has created the logo for living simply luxuriously . . .

. . . and slowly, but a bit more confidently, proceeding toward goals that up until now I never thought were possible. For this, I thank my readers. Because without you, none of this would be possible.  Thank you. Thank you so very much.

As we stride forward into the third year, it is my hope to continue to provide worthwhile inspiration, ideas and challenges that will provoke your mind and propel you toward creating an even more amazing life for yourself and those around you. Here’s to living simply luxuriously no matter what our circumstance.

Images: (1) heartbeatoz (2) We Heart It (3) hotmessinawalmartdress (4) Vogue and Coffee (5) Inslee (6)leglamourdeparis

1 Comments:

At December 26, 2011 at 2:30 AM , Blogger Barbara von Enger said...

Happy blog anniversary and happy holidays too.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home