The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

August 26, 2011

The Weekend . . .

For me, this is the last weekend before I am headed back into the classroom. As I reflect on this past summer, I look back at all the bliss, items checked off my to-do list and new faces I have had the fortunate opportunity to meet, and beam because it has been a fantastic summer. And while I am appreciative for what the summer has afforded me, I am striding forward as I glance back because I am thoroughly anxious for what the next season will bring.  I have high hopes, but why not. After all, unless we aim for the moon we can’t land among the stars.  So I am shooting for the galaxies and beyond and I hope you will be joining me as you seek your own dreams and goals as well.

This last weekend of August will be one that will also have me thinking of those of you on the east coast as you brace for Hurricane Irene.  You will all be in my thoughts – stay safe and I look forward to talking after it has passed and all reports are positive.

A handful of the posts this week revolved around the theme of work as many of our schedules will be quickening in their pace and knowing how to balance the many aspects of our lives will determine our success and our level of sanity. Here’s a look back on the post from the past week on The Simply Luxurious Life:

*17 Reasons to Love Your Work

*Why Not . . . Treat Your Body Like a Temple?

*A Sound Work-Life Balance

*transitioning from summer to spring – Style Inspiration

*one of my favorite therapeutic meals after a long day – Risotto Primavera

*H&M Fall 2011 – have a look at the designs from the high fashion retailer with fabulously low prices

And click here to view this week’s Simply Luxurious Life newsletter where Steve Jobs’ provides some inspiration.

Well, with a weekend that will call for some writing to beat a deadline, finishing a book I can’t wait to review and share with you next week, and time to just savor, I hope you enjoy a wonderful two days that restores and rejuvenates you for the week ahead.  Thank you so much for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life, and until Monday – bonjour!

{Receive additional simply luxurious ideas and inspiration by subscribing to the weekly newsletter. Click here to view a past issue and simply sign up by entering your first name and email address in the middle column to the right on the homepage of The Simply Luxurious Life blog. Each issue arrives promptly in your inbox early Friday morning or late Thursday evening depending on where you live.}

{Have a Twitter account and want inspiration throughout the day as well as being notified of the most recent posts on The Simply Luxurious Life? Follow me here @simplyluxurious. }

Images: (1) Sebastian (2) Source

5 Comments:

At August 26, 2011 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Plami said...

Great round up and lovely pictures! Have a fabulous weekend!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

 
At August 26, 2011 at 1:34 PM , Blogger simply frabulous said...

I love the Bottega Veneta pic, it's so Audrey!

Have a wonderful week-end too.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 4:16 PM , Blogger The enchanted home said...

That first pic is sooo chic and pretty. Love it. Happy weekend to you too and if you are in Irenes path...be safe!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Hi Shannon, just wanted to say I loved today's newsletter. I have been running around so much as of late I look forward to the roundup. I hope you enjoy your weekend. Cheers, xoxo Carrie

 
At August 27, 2011 at 2:34 AM , Blogger Alys said...

Can't wait to catch up on this week's postings! Just wanted to say that I've mentioned you in a post on my blog (as part of an IFB project) so I hope that's OK :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home