The Simply Luxurious Life®: Style Inspiration  

August 25, 2011

Style Inspiration

With summer ever so gradually making its way off the stage, many of the outfits I have pulled together today demonstrate that transition period we find ourselves in where the evenings begin to feel a tad chillier and the need for a cozy cardigan worn over a delicate chiffon top occur. While I’m not completely ready for summer to end, I must agree with Marie Claire’s Editor-in-Chief when she stated in her letter from the editor in the September issue, “Fall is the best time of year for type A’s like me.” With all of the gorgeous options available this season, enjoy weaning yourself off of your summer wardrobe by blending a few pieces with your new fall finds.

 

{Receive additional simply luxurious ideas and inspiration by subscribing to the weekly newsletter. Click here to view a past issue and simply sign up by entering your first name and email address in the middle column to the right on the homepage of The Simply Luxurious Life blog. Each issue arrives promptly in your inbox early Friday morning or late Thursday evening depending on where you live.}

{Have a Twitter account and want inspiration throughout the day as well as being notified of the most recent posts on The Simply Luxurious Life? Follow me here @simplyluxurious. }

Images: (1) Inspiration (2) Musings in Femininity (3) Musings in Femininity (4) vogueweekend (5) Stylish Inspiration (6) whatsaybeauty (7) wellanddapper (8) Musings in Femininity (9) patriciasalvatierra (10) Stockholm-Streetstyle (11) Stylish Inspiration (12) Ann Taylor go-anywhere trouser (13) miumr (14) Stylish Inspiration (15) Musings in Femininity (16) Stylish Inspiration (17) OscarPR Girl (18) Keep it Chic (19) Musings in Femininity (20) Stockholm Streetstyle (21) Stylish Inspiration

9 Comments:

At August 25, 2011 at 1:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help but notice that whenever you do fashion- or style-related posts, all of the pictures feature stick-thin women. It makes me feel very average in comparison and I don't think it's sending a positive message to your readers - it almost makes me think you cannot be stylish without having the modelesque physique to go with it.

 
At August 25, 2011 at 2:11 AM , Blogger Plami said...

Thank you for the inspiration! I cannot wait for fall wear to hit the streets!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

 
At August 25, 2011 at 3:15 AM , Blogger The enchanted home said...

So many chic images.....except for Marykate or is it Ashely? I personally think she looks like shes drowning in her sweater coat, it just isn't becoming at all. She is so tiny (saw her in person last year) and she looked the same...just not a look I find attractive but every thing else LOVE!!!!

 
At August 25, 2011 at 3:47 AM , Blogger Haughty by Nature said...

Being a teacher, I can't exactly do mini skirts or sky-high heels, but I absolutely adore these photos! Love the one with a leopard print scarf-I bought a similar one at Urban Outfitters for $10 (on sale!) and it's been one of my best purchases e-v-e-r.

 
At August 25, 2011 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous simple subtle style said...

i am in love with the first outfit and rose byrnes' hair! great photos!

 
At August 25, 2011 at 9:00 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Anonymous - I appreciate you sharing your opinion. However, I must say respectfully, I gather the images I find to be inspiring. I myself do not have a stick-thin figure, but I find the image of tall slender models to reveal quite beautifully how clothing can look(as do designers as well to show off their designs) - what textures work well together and what colors shockingly can be paired and look amazing. No one is average and each reader is unique, as I am as well. My fashion posts are meant to share ideas and offer possibilities on how to pull together wardrobes that you may not have considered before.

The key to fashion is knowing your body and from there gravitating toward what accentuates your assets. Beyond providing images that inspire ideas, that is all I can do, the rest is up to each one of us, even myself.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 7:36 AM , Anonymous Priscilla Joy said...

All of the photos have something great about them. I look forward to really adding the little details to every outfit this weekend to make them extra special!

Smile Loads!
Priscilla Joy
http://houseoftulips.blogspot.com
House of Tulips

 
At August 27, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Yelena Starikova said...

This is Great Images! As a fashion blogger myself I understand what Shannon is trying to do! Basically to inspire readers on trends, color palettes and elegance! That is all!
Its just happened to be that the most inspiring images are with slender and tall girls! I myself have curves and always look up to Kim Kardashian style mixed with all this inspiration around!)

Shannon, you have an amazing sense of style , keep up a great work!)

XO,
Yelena

 
At September 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Soigne1908 said...

I'm not stick-thin myself. I'm tall and what is called "super-thick." But I draw inspiration from these pictures. In this set, I'm loving the Kelly green and teal skirt and top combo and think I want to wear it sometime next week.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home