The Simply Luxurious Life®: Open & Organized  

July 19, 2011

Open & Organized

Whenever I cook in my kitchen, I am mentally imagining what my dream version would look like and in a recent post, I was reminded of one change that I would like to make – open shelves.

With a cottage-like feel, open shelving allows you to display your beautiful wares (or an excuse to purchase them), all the while requiring you to remain organized and pared down so as not to clutter any one shelf. I absolutely love this idea and can’t wait to include it in my kitchen some day.

{Receive additional simply luxurious ideas and inspiration by subscribing to the weekly newsletter. Click here to view a past issue and simply sign up by entering your first name and email address in the middle column to the right on the homepage of The Simply Luxurious Life blog. Each issue arrives promptly in your inbox early Friday morning or late Thursday evening depending on where you live.}

{Have a Twitter account and want inspiration throughout the day as well as being notified of the most recent posts on The Simply Luxurious Life? Follow me here @simplyluxurious. }

Images: (1) Cottage Living (2) Domino (3) Cottage Living (4) House Beautiful (5) Country Living (6) House Beautiful (7) House Beautiful

10 Comments:

At July 19, 2011 at 1:26 AM , Blogger Glamour Drops said...

Yes, I agree. I have recently added open shelves to my own kitchen, because there were just too many beautiful things to hide them all away!

Beautiful examples, but especially love the first image. Perhaps it is the colours used? Or that it is cosy, but not cluttered.

 
At July 19, 2011 at 1:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always love the kitchen in the film it's complicated!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 2:08 AM , Anonymous Suzie said...

Are you inside my head?? These picture are my perfect kitchen...yes open shelves are a must!
Thanks

 
At July 19, 2011 at 3:08 AM , Blogger YONKS said...

I love the look of having all the dishes on display - great touch!
Di
X

 
At July 19, 2011 at 4:56 AM , Blogger Lou said...

I wish my kitchen looked so tidy and put together. Those photos put me to shame....

http://thekeypieces.blogspot.com

 
At July 19, 2011 at 7:10 AM , Blogger chiara said...

Although I think the idea of open shelves is lovely, I can't help but thinking of all the dust that'd get on the dishes, and all the dusting that will be required at least on a weekly basis.
May be I am lazy, or more minimalistic, but I don't want to see everything out, unless I am using it!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM , Blogger RealBeauty said...

I LOVE the bright and airy kitchen!
http://realbeauty-realbeauty.blogspot.com/

 
At July 19, 2011 at 10:52 AM , Blogger lexi920 said...

In my dream kitchen there is LOTS of space and a kitchen island with a sturdy butcher's block. There would be space for a marble block to roll out pie dough.

And in my perfect baking world - I would master that pie dough and make perfect pies year round!

Pie dough still frightens me to this day!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the look of an open kitchen BUT am finding that it's not very practical. I have an open modern-style baker's rack in my kitchen that I use for storage/display of serving dishes, etc. and find that everything gets very dusty unless it's used almost every day.

What I end up having to do is wash/rinse most items I grab off the shelf before I use them. So, I wouldn't recommend having open storage in your kitchen unless the items that are open are used every day and don't have a chance to get dusty.

Susan

 
At July 19, 2011 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

I have some open shelves in my kitchen (which is thematically very similar to the ones you've shown) - they are a drag to dust, but I still love them.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home