The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

May 6, 2011

The Weekend . . .

The first full weekend in May is one of my favorites of the entire year. Why you may wonder? Well, for me it is a sort of Christmas in such that I am able to spend it with friends I love, food that is scrumptious, taste wine that is delicious and enjoy fabulous festivities without having to worry about shopping for gifts or bad weather.

It is the local annual event of the Spring Release where all of the 100+ wineries share their most recent wines with people who come from around the country and the world. For the last five years now, a handful of my closest friends, and my mother and her friends come together for a memorable day full of laughs, fun and everything one might imagine.

And as Mother’s Day is this Sunday here in the states, I couldn’t think of a better way to spend it with my mom.

I hope you too are gearing up for a fantastic weekend and are able to feel content with the week that has just past.  In case your week was a bit hectic, here is a look at a few of the popular posts on The Simply Luxurious Life this past week:

*Keri Russell’s Brownstone Dream Home

*Why Not . . . Be A Successful Woman? Part Deux

*Lighting As Jewelry

*Style Inspiration (a few of nautical touches)

*The Costume Institute Gala at the Met 2011

*Rules of Style – Gwyneth Paltrow

*Strawberry Rhubarb Tartlet (one of my favorite spring desserts)

*And this week’s newsletter – #47 – have a look here.

Bonjour! I’ll see you on Monday!

Image: We Heart It

4 Comments:

At May 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous Monteen(Charlotte,N.C.) said...

Hi Shannon, thannnnks for another wonderful week of sharing great advice(suggestions) on living your best..and AWESOME pictures.Part of the weekend I'm Off to Quail Hollow Country Club to watch some of the top professionals in the world play(Toooo bad Tiger Woods is injured). Then a trip to the mountains to visit with friends and take part in a Kentucky Derby Celebration. Then some shopping in the beautiful town of Blowing Rock,N.C.and then home.

 
At May 6, 2011 at 11:11 AM , Blogger lexi920 said...

I picked a very chic French restaurant (I've been dying to try) for my mother's day brunch that I'll be celebrating with my husband and my daughter. I'm very excited to just share this fun experience with them.

Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Kori said...

Loving that image!

If you get a chance, check out my post today, we're doing a novel release party about the release of my first book! I'd love to have you stop by and be a part of the party! Have a fabulous Fashion Friday love! Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com

 
At May 6, 2011 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Yelena Starikova said...

Sound like a Great weekend!! have fun!

http://www.glamthings.com/

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home