The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Focal Point  

November 23, 2010

The Focal Point

During the upcoming holidays whether you are hosting the big day or having a small dinner party during the month of festivities, a beautiful tablescape is a creative way of setting the tone of the event.  One can choose to be formal, casual, indoors or out, assigned seating or not, the possibilities are endless, and even better, it can be prepared a day or to ahead of time. I’ve gathered together some ideas of ways that may pique your interest.  And if you are planning on throwing a dinner party, check out my series on the topic by clicking here.

 

Images: (1)  Source(2)Source(3) Source  (4) Source (5) Source  (6)Restoration Hardware  (7) Source (8)House of Design & Style  (9) Martha Stewart  (10)  Source(11) House of Design & Style  (12)Home . . . Be Inspired  (13)Source   (14)  Source  (15)   At Home  (16)  Source  (17)Source

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At November 23, 2010 at 2:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to start on my table, I've spent this morning searching for ( they are never where you think) then laundering my old linens.

 
At November 23, 2010 at 4:02 AM , Blogger Vannessa@Luxuria said...

What gorgeous inspiration Shannon. I'm sure your table will look divine this Thanksgiving ;-)

 
At November 23, 2010 at 4:48 AM , Blogger milav said...

I love all these beautiful tablescape:)
Thank you for the inspirations!
Milly

 
At November 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM , Blogger FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

I love the table setting from the first picture!!! And I also love the idea of putting a pear on every plate. Genius.

 
At November 23, 2010 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

A very inspiring collection of photos Shannon, thank you for sharing.

 
At November 23, 2010 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Beautiful and inspiring images ... I just love setting a Thanksgiving table. You may have noticed my tweets in which I mentioned that I hosted an early Thanksgiving this last Friday. During the evening, with candlelight glowing and laughter from my family, I thought of how much I love this holiday. Tomorrow I'll be heading off to another Thanksgiving dinner celebration out of town. Hope yours is fabulous and I know your table will be lovely! xo

 
At November 24, 2010 at 12:03 PM , Blogger quintessence said...

Lovely images - especially love the formal neoclassical shot - amazing that we did not pick any of the same images for our round ups although I almost used the one with the feathers from domino - gotta love the feathers! Have a great holiday!!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home