The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 10/24-10/30  

October 31, 2010

Cups of Tea 10/24-10/30

Waking up in freshly cleaned Egyptian cotton sheets, hearing the rain pitter patter on the window and looking forward to just easing into the day – a lovely way to begin a Sunday.

The weekend has been an opportunity to whittle down my “to-do” list and feel all the more satisfied upon taking a break every now and again.  I would like to take a moment to welcome the new followers on Twitter of @simplyluxurious, and I hope you enjoy the daily inspiration. I am continually amazed by the many uplifting and fantastic new people I have the opportunity to converse with through a device that didn’t even exist five years ago.  Change really can be an impressive and grand thing in the smallest of ways.

Today’s Cups of Tea includes a tasty dessert to keep in mind for your next dinner party, luxurious bathrooms to lay your eyes upon, tips for maintaining a more balanced life and even more beautiful images and inspiration.  I hope you’ll enjoy this morning’s post as I grab myself a cup of hot tea (or coffee if you prefer), cozy up and get lost in some beauty this morning. Have a lovely Sunday, and thank you for taking the time to spend some time at The Simply Luxurious Life.

 

1. Cherry, Almond and Chocolate Cake

Last week, Erin of Apartment 34 shared a recipe for a Cherry, Almond Chocolate Cake, and I couldn’t resist sharing it with you.  The images alone are so creatively done.  The individual portions would be perfect for a holiday party or a catered event. Thank you Erin for sharing.

 

2. Maintain The Balance

Whenever one sets out to create the life they imagined, schedules can become overwhelming busy, energy can run low and sleep is sometimes hard to find.  Lately, my schedule has been progressively getting busier, yet more fulfilling and enjoyable than I can remember in quite some time, so when I read the title of Anastasiya’s post, author of Balance In Me,  I immediately clicked to read it. What you will find are four tips on how to create a healthier balance with your personal and professional life. Have a look.

 

3. Chic Bathrooms

With the help of Caitlin of Sacramento Street this week, I discovered a new blog (new to me, but quite established and well followed) – RDuJour.  Between the fashion, beauty and decor, I immediately included them on my Lovely Blogs list and had to share with you their post of chic and luxurious bathrooms. Have a look at a grand collection of images by clicking on the header above or the image below.

 

4. New York, New York

Cara of the ever delightful blog Lilac and Grey shared a post with her readers this week that by it’s title alone drew me in, but upon viewing the images, made me all the more anxious to get on a plane and head east to New York.

 

5. Thought to Ponder

La Dolce Vita shared a thought that I took to heart earlier this week.  One’s heart, mind and courage determine so much in each person’s life if only the step up to the plate is made. Take a look below and allow yourself to be inspired.

Images: (1) We Heart It

8 Comments:

At October 31, 2010 at 2:16 AM , Blogger VM Creation Atelier said...

Adorable post,dear Shannon:-)*
And also precise at this time...

Oh...those bath and cap of tea absolutely gorgeous!!!
I keep this qoute by me,
Thank you so very much,

Wish you lovely last day of October,

Hugs and Love to you,
***Violetta***

 
At October 31, 2010 at 2:44 AM , Blogger Barbara von Enger said...

Delightful images and thpoughts to ponder;-)

 
At October 31, 2010 at 4:51 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

Love clawfoot tubs! And the quote is beautiful. As you know I have a thing for inspirational quotes. Have a wonderful Sunday!

 
At October 31, 2010 at 7:31 AM , Blogger VM Creation Atelier said...

It's me again,Shannon:-)*

Wishing ones more to say how much I can ''feeling'' those words of you:

''Waking up in freshly cleaned Egyptian cotton sheets, hearing the rain pitter patter on the window and looking forward to just easing into the day – a lovely way to begin a Sunday''...

Beyond fabulous words,thank you for inspiration,

Hugs,
***Violetta***

 
At October 31, 2010 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Lovely post as usual Shannon.
I've taken down the gorgeous recipe. I only hope I can get almond paste here in Spain, otherwise it will call for some improvisation ;-)
Gorgeous images as always!

 
At October 31, 2010 at 11:14 AM , Anonymous Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

A wonderful quote and so important to remember. If we don't push ourselves it isn't very likely we'll succeed, is it?

 
At October 31, 2010 at 1:54 PM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Sounds like a lovely way to start a Sunday, Shannon! Beautiful cups of tea this week. I particularly loved Cara's take on NYC :) Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

 
At October 31, 2010 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Literally, with my cup of chai tea, I thoroughly enjoyed this post... so many lovely things to appreciate, but truly, that cake looks beyond delicious! wishing you a wonderful Sunday and close to October, my friend,

xoxo

p.s + thank you for SUCH kind words the other day—I was smiling all day long...

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home