The Simply Luxurious Life®: In A More Flattering Light  

September 21, 2010

In A More Flattering Light

A simple tweak that can be made in a home to add more ambiance and a welcoming gesture is to add sconces.  Whether in the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, office or surrounding a fireplace, the talents of a sconce are amazing.  A more flattering light is cast throughout the room and a touch of character is instantly felt. Nowadays, the styles are endless for one to choose from depending on the time era you are trying to convey throughout your home.  So the next time you look around a room in your house that is in need of a brush up, why not start with the lighting?

Out of curiosity, where have you place sconces? I’d love to hear.

 

Images: (1) House & Home (2) Decor Pad (3) Material Girls (4) Decor Pad (5)  Decor Pad (6) Decor Pad (7) Decor Pad (8) Decor Pad (9) Decor Pad (10) Decor Pad (11) Decor Pad (12) Source (13) Decor Pad (14) Decor Pad

8 Comments:

At September 21, 2010 at 3:25 AM , Anonymous Sweet Freak said...

Next year, I'm planning on a major apartment redesign... these pictures make me very excited for it. :)

 
At September 21, 2010 at 5:56 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

that Betsey J. Dining room gets me everytime!!

 
At September 21, 2010 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i'm not really a fan of sconces - but i DO enjoy them for other's .. i can possibly see myself in the future adding some (possibly) ..

 
At September 21, 2010 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Peggy and Fritz said...

Funny,I was not a sconce fan but these are such great photos, I might have to rethink it. I'm loving kitchen one and photo 2 that bathroom and don't even get me started on photo 7 that marble bathroom. I'm drooling.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 7:33 AM , Anonymous TheHealthyApron said...

What darling pictures! You always provide such wonderful ideas~

 
At September 21, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Anonymous Ella @ The Princess and the P said...

Funny, I didn't think about it until this post.. I have sconces in ALL of my bathrooms - even the tiny bathroom in my ATTIC has a single, oddly placed sconce! They give nice, warm light, though I never thought about putting them in a kitchen. But with so many different styles, never say never! ;)

 
At September 21, 2010 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Vannessa@Luxuria said...

I have sconces in my bathroom and bedroom. I LOVE all your bathroom photos; to die for!

 
At September 21, 2010 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

I agree with Vanessa, love these bath photos! Oddly I just realized I don't have any sconces in my home, but I am not against them.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home