The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 8/22-8/28  

August 29, 2010

Cups of Tea 8/22-8/28

Kick off your shoes, better yet, slip on your slippers and find your favorite place in the house to browse through today’s Cups of Tea posts with a cup of tea or hot java.

Today I will be spent puttering around the house, sitting down for a bit of time at the computer, enjoying the lazy morning and taking it easy so that the week doesn’t stand a chance when I wake up Monday morning. Such days are opportunities I treasure when I can make my schedule as I go along. 

The upcoming September newsletter is receiving a few finishing touches, but be sure to subscribe so that you will receive it on September 1st.  The theme will be Restoring the Harmony, as we all transition into fall and for the most part a busier way of living for many of us.  My goal is to share with you tips, strategies and ideas to bring more luxury into your schedule and less stress.  Simply enter your first name and email address in the upper left-hand column of the blog.

But back to today’s Cups of Tea.  You will find a bit of help in getting a head start if you are wanting to bring a more healthy and pleasurable approach to your lunchtime habits, as well as a recipe I am trying for breakfast this morning myself and some fun and beautiful inspiration.  Have a look and I do hope you enjoy.  Thanks for taking a moment to stop by.  I am always happy to have you.

 

1. Gorgeous & Inspiring

Sarah of Haute Design this week put together a post I couldn’t not share with you (pardon the double negative). It begins with a quote which is paired with an image that immediately held my attention, following by beautiful interior design images.  Her words that concluded the post are enjoyable and quite engaging as well.  Do have a look, I think you will be impressed.

 

2. Summer’s Not Over Yet

Ooh La Frou Frou.  The name of this blog alone is catchy and piques a curiosity in me still.  Sandy, one of the lovely ladies who works on this blog which correlates with a card business, shared a post that serves as a great reminder – summer is not over yet folks.  So grab that daiquiri, don a cute yellow polka dot bikini and get your tan on.  Do check out this fun and engaging new blog.  It is run by a lovely and very generous crew, and I’m happy to call Sandy a friend. (Below is example of one of their cards that you can purchase.)

 

3. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

There are certain meals that I can almost guarantee I will never miss and breakfast is one of them. I am always looking for new ways to bring a bit of gourmet into my meals for guests and Nikki of  Style and Charm shared a recipe that I am trying this morning.  I can’t wait! Ricotta – you have my attention.  A bit of lemon – this is getting very interesting.  Pancakes – I’m sold! I’ll be sure to tweet about it later today to let you know how they tasted.

 

4. What’s for Lunch

Since we’re splurging on breakfast, a modest lunch is in order and Mireille Guiliano of French Women Don’t Get Fat shares more than enough ways to pack a healthy and delicious second meal of the day.

 

5. Thought to Ponder

This Is Glamorous, a blog that continually provides gorgeous images and beautifully written posts by the author Roséline, shared a quote earlier this week that I think should always be kept at the forefront of our minds. Have a look.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Enjoy the day, soak it in so that when it is done, you can look back with a smile and have a beautiful memory to appreciate.

Images: (1) Bardot in Blue (5) Source

10 Comments:

At August 29, 2010 at 3:43 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

Can't wait to hear your review on the pancakes. My family adores weekends because it means extra special breakfasts. I just found Ooh La Frou Frou and am loving that blog as well. Happy Sunday!

 
At August 29, 2010 at 4:37 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Oh, those pancakes. Totally on my list!

Love the last quote. Happy Sunday!


♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At August 29, 2010 at 5:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great way to showcase your favorite posts! Enjoy your relaxing Sunday! xo

 
At August 29, 2010 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

What a fabulous post! I always look forward to your cups of tea -- they are simply that... I have the coffee brewing and this was just what needed this morning to go with it :)

xoxo

p.s thank you for such a lovely mention

 
At August 29, 2010 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

Good Luck with the lemon pancakes! I cant wait to hear how you liked them!!
Have a great weekend Hunnie!!


xx
Nikki

 
At August 29, 2010 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Those pancakes look delicious!

 
At August 29, 2010 at 11:33 AM , Blogger VM Creation Atelier said...

Very good post as always:-)*

You gives me SO helpful intenions via your posts,thank you!
All these links are fabulous,just great and realy enjoyable!

Love,
***Violetta***

 
At August 29, 2010 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Punctuation Mark said...

what a great post for the end of the week... love Sarah's post too... those interiors are fantastic becuase of the contrast of modern and traditional... have a nice rest of the week!

 
At August 29, 2010 at 1:15 PM , Blogger molly said...

those pancakes look sooo cute and delicious!! i just had pancakes this morning... but i think ima need some more now :-)

 
At August 29, 2010 at 1:16 PM , Blogger molly said...

and p.s. i just took a peek at all of your recipe links and those look amazing. i'm going to need to try some of them out!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home