The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

August 24, 2012

The Weekend . . .

Having had my first week back from traveling, I am finding the need to rest, get my body clock readjusted and catch my breath.  The two weeks of cheery London and dazzling Paris have changed me. Changed me in ways I am thankful for even though I can’t explain just yet exactly what those changes will be as I am just making sense of it as I contemplate all that the trip revealed to me.

So before my schedule picks up again, I have been leisurely enjoying a getaway to the country with regular mornings of blogging in a beautiful sun room each day, trips to indulge in a bite or two of chocolate and time with inspiring people who are oh so genuine and lovely.

It has been a very welcome return to the blog and newsletter this week, and I want to thank you for your lovely comments, tweets and emails. Many of this week’s posts were sparked from my travels, so thank you in advance for indulging me. Here is a look back on this past week on The Simply Luxurious Life:

~Style Inspiration: Black, White & Handbags

~This & That: No. 21 . . . books, an app and my new favorite tea . . .

~Vogue US – September 2012 . . . my favorite articles discovered inside . . .

~Why Not . . . Travel Internationally? Part Une . . . the beginning of a three part series . . .

~The most popular post of the week - 34 Lessons Learned in London & Paris

And finally, the return of the weekly newsletter – issue #113 – extra large to catch up on all of August’s posts including one’s shared while traveling in London and Paris. Click here to read.

As we begin the last week of August, I do wish you a grand and leisurely weekend. Until Monday, bonjour.

Images: (1) pinterest (2) pinterest

8 Comments:

At August 24, 2012 at 4:07 AM , Blogger Gam said...

Shannon, a lovely post and you are so wise to allow yourself to ease back into the world that you live in. Me thinks tat you are extremely wise for such a young soul! Good luck in the new school year! And please keep up the excellent work on you blog! You are my absolute favorite blogger!

 
At August 24, 2012 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

enjoy ur weekend babes!

 
At August 24, 2012 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Talia said...

I adore your blog. It is the first I visit and I always leave feeling like the best version of myself.

Cheers to the weekend!

 
At August 24, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Anonymous Leanne Maguire said...

I so enjoyed your trip to both London and Paris...you showed us the best that they have to offer and I would love to go to both countries :)
Enjoy your rest this weekend for it sounds divine.

 
At August 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM , Anonymous Scsw said...

I was up at Wallowa Lake last weekend. When I came back through Joseph, I saw a chocolate store that I wanted to stop at. I was bummed that it had closed. I definitely want to go back up there! :-)

I hope you're having a nice, relaxing week. I went through some of my photos from Paris last night. Your blogs about your travel, as well as seeing Gene Kelly in An American In Paris last night, had me feeling nostalgic. :-)


 
At August 26, 2012 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Shaz said...

Sounds (and looks) like your last few weeks have been lovely. We are planning on "Paris" next year. Hope you aren't doing the "sit upright at 4am" thing, and your body clock get back to normal soon.

 
At August 31, 2012 at 12:10 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

The chocolatier you must be talking about is Arrowhead - my favorite! Their hot chocolate comes a very close second to Angelina's in Paris as they make it with freshly made chocolate, and even give you a spoon to lick while you wait (dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate options). They open later than most coffee shops, but stay open later as well (9-5 daily). I do hope you get to stop in some time, as they have the most delightful staff and delicious chocolates. :)

 
At August 31, 2012 at 12:12 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

You know exactly what I went through upon returning. The first few nights (or early mornings) I was wide awake at 2 am and ready to start the day, but crashing around 6pm. It did take about 3-4 days for my body clock to get back on, but when I did wake up early, I felt like it was me holding on to Paris just a little bit longer. (okay, I admit, I can't wait to return.)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home