The Simply Luxurious Life®: How to Incorporate Runway Looks Into Your Style  

February 8, 2012

How to Incorporate Runway Looks Into Your Style

With New York Fashion Week beginning tomorrow, I must admit I am feeling that child-like excitement rev up as I eagerly anticipate what designers will reveal for all of us as we set out to shop in the upcoming fall season. And that is why I wanted to invite one of my most beloved guest bloggers to share her thoughts today (the regular Why Not . . . ? weekly post will return next Wednesday).

No stranger to New York City or the fashion world, a stylist and blogger I respect and thoroughly have enjoyed working with for the past two years, Tiffani Rogers has graciously offered to share a few insights on how to take what we see on the runways and incorporate it into each of our style wardrobes.

Greetings Simply Luxurious readers, it's Tiffani from Style by Tiffani. Tomorrow kicks off Mercedes-Benz's New York Fashion Week Fall 2012 Season. It's safe to say I get just as giddy as a child on Christmas Day. Being a fashion + interior stylist this week invigorates me and my work. However, it's safe to say most people are intimidated or confused as to what to make of the designer collections. Shannon graciously asked me to share my insights on what to take away from the upcoming runway shows.

  • Be Inspired. Take time this week and next to hop onto Style.com to view the collections of your favorite designers. Notice the color palette they used and other key pieces in the collection. When you come across a look you like, think about how you can incorporate it in your lifestyle. The great thing about is that they will soon be available at all different price points, so don't fret if you can't wait afford the designer look straight off the runway.

  • Step outside of your comfortable zone. Fashion is what is offered to us on the runways each season, and style is what we choose to wear. Don't think you need to adapt to EVERY trend you see. However, I do encourage you to evolve your personal style. Try a new look or two that you see for next fall. If it works for you, great! If not, carry on. As I always say to my clients; have fun with it.

Now with a new outlook on how to view New York Fashion Week I hope you overdose on fashion! I will be attending shows and previewing collections throughout the week. You can follow my adventures on facebook and twitter.

Other fashion & style posts to help you hone your signature style:

*Why Not . . . Create Your Own Signature Style?

*Why Not . . . Have Effortless Style?

*Why Not . . . Read the September Fashion Issues?

*The Key to Accessories

*Tips for Looking Fantastic Each Day

*Where to Shop? Wardrobe Essentials on a Budget

Images: (1) Source (2) Source (3) Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home