The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

November 25, 2011

The Weekend . . .

There is something about these two photos paired together that strikes me as perfect. For others it may not make sense, but there are times when I feel a bit like the young puppy – anticipating, patient, yet knowing my time will come, but also like the woman in the first photo, I observe her confidence and her feminine mystique which is electrifying in a very subtle way.  There is a simplicity about both of these photos that is precious and coveted.  It reminds me that no matter what stage we are at in life, it should be savored, it should be stepped into with our whole selves and reveled in because this time may never come again. 

For some reason with only one month to go in 2011, knowing the year is about to wrap up, I feel as though a stage of my life that I had to go through is ending as well.  So I am sad, yet excited, sorrowful, yet hopeful, uncertain, yet determined, and after running through all of those emotions, I am aware that the most important thing for me to do is to savor it because who knows if or when it will ever feel this way again.

Okay, okay, enough with the mushy-mushy analytical stuff.  It is the weekend, and a very good weekend is in store for us all.  The holiday season has begun, my Christmas music has been playing since Wednesday (Pink Martini, Michael Buble, The Rat Pack, and so much more) and my wreath and garland will be going up today. So while I’m sure that you’ve been busy, here is a look back at the past week on The Simply Luxurious Life:

*Monday’s inspiration - All or Nothing

*The Perfect Match – Docica & The Simply Luxurious Life

*I know it’s over, but . . . Why Not . . . Enjoy Thanksgiving?

*Sponsor Post – Savoring Chocolate

*Style Inspiration – comfort, coziness and cashmere

*Hilary Swank’s New York Apartment

View this week’s newsletter issue #76 here.

Until Monday, have a beautiful few days to enjoy as you please. Bonjour!

{Receive additional simply luxurious ideas and inspiration by subscribing to the weekly newsletter. Click here to view a past issue and simply sign up by entering your first name and email address in the middle column to the right on the homepage of The Simply Luxurious Life blog. Each issue arrives promptly in your inbox early Friday morning or late Thursday evening depending on where you live.}

{Have a Twitter account and want inspiration throughout the day as well as being notified of the most recent posts on The Simply Luxurious Life? Follow me here @simplyluxurious.}

Images: (1) Heartbeatoz (2) Heartbeatoz

6 Comments:

At November 25, 2011 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Shannon, loved this week's newsletter, it truly hit a cord. I hope you enjoy the weekend and its festivities. I am enjoying my family being in town and all that comes with it.
Cheers from my home to yours
xoxo Carrie

 
At November 26, 2011 at 8:09 AM , Blogger soniadaigle said...

Hello Shannon, I don't know you personnaly and I just started to follow you by newsletter...
I was touch by your words of wisdom and whatever life may bring you, your journey of 2011 is may be at its end but the best is yet to come for 2012!
I love your blog you are a great source of inspirations, xo

 
At November 26, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Yes, the puppy picture is precious! The model is so perfect! She's almost unreal, which is in contrast to the puppy. If that made any sense!

Yes, there are so many corners to turn in life...some gentle curves and even u-turns. What I love is knowing that we never have to stop growing and exploring...no matter what point we are in life!

Happy weekend,
Barbara

 
At November 26, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger LV said...

Beautiful post! Love the inspiration. I just signed up for your newsletter.

 
At November 27, 2011 at 6:56 AM , Blogger TheMumPreneur said...

Gorgeous post, and very inspirational as always :)
Amazing photos! I read your posts every morning before starting my hectic P&G work day :)

Just FYI, for some reason I am not seeing your header post photos in the feed anymore :/

La Kat

 
At November 27, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Carrie - always nice to see you stop by. Sounds like Thanksgiving went well. :)

Barbara - I think what you said is key - never stop growing and learning. If we can do this, life will always be fulfilling, challenging and thus rewarding. Thank you for your comment. :)

sonia - thank you for your very kind comment. xo

LV - Thank you for signing up and I hope you enjoy. :)

La Kat - thank you for stopping by so regularly. I can't thank you enough for taking the time. I will look into the header thing. Thank you for letting me know.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home