The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

October 7, 2011

The Weekend . . .

While Linda Evangelista smells the flowers, I’ll be stopping to smell the rain this weekend and thoroughly enjoying every minute as I have been waiting for it to arrive.  After two long months without a drop, I am enamored as it glosses my lawn and sprinkles the streets. There is nothing so sweet as the scent of the first rain of fall.

With some time with my mother as she celebrates her 60th birthday, and an opportunity to just find some down time surrounded by my many unread magazines and newspapers, and maybe a bit of pampering as well, I am more than ready for this weekend to arrive.  How about you?

This week I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to share a bit more about myself as Linda from the blog Stuff I Like interviewed me for her Nosy Nine series.  Please do stop by her lovely blog and discover her stylish taste for fashion, but so much more. Also on the blog this past week:

*What Butterflies Have Taught Me

*Paris and Milan street style and more – Style Inspiration

*Chic spring collections from Paris Fashion Week – Elie Saab, Christian Dior (my favorite so far), Collette Dinnigan

*Why Not . . . Be More Productive? Part Trois

*My Little Paris – Book Review

*And to view this Friday’s weekly newsletter – issue #69 – click here.

I hope you have plans to enjoy simple pleasures whatever they might be this weekend – possibly curling up with a book, chatting with friends at brunch, sharing breakfast in bed with your partner or cheering your kids on while they run on the field. Get lost in the moment, savor and revel in it, and who knows what other magnificent moments await.  Until Monday, bonjour.

{Receive additional simply luxurious ideas and inspiration by subscribing to the weekly newsletter. Click here to view a past issue and simply sign up by entering your first name and email address in the middle column to the right on the homepage of The Simply Luxurious Life blog. Each issue arrives promptly in your inbox early Friday morning or late Thursday evening depending on where you live.}

{Have a Twitter account and want inspiration throughout the day as well as being notified of the most recent posts on The Simply Luxurious Life? Follow me here @simplyluxurious. }

Image: heartbeatoz

4 Comments:

At October 7, 2011 at 6:56 AM , Blogger The Dainty Dolls House said...

Goodness, you want rain! You can have the rain we've been having, although today is lucky and its been dry and sunny!! I hoe you get your rain to freshen things up!! Love this photo..wish you a great weekend x

 
At October 7, 2011 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Plami said...

You're such an amazing blogger! Thank you!

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

 
At October 7, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Karena said...

Shannon enjoy celebrating your mother's Birthday!! I know it will men a lot to both of you!

Off to read your interview!

PS Come let me know what you think of my Autumn decor and enter my New Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

 
At October 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Hollye said...

Gorgeous images as always! I've enjoyed many simple pleasures this weekend. They are the best!
Thank you for all you do!
Hollye Jacobs
www.brooksidebuzz.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home