The Simply Luxurious Life®: An Enjoyable Way to Start the Day  

June 14, 2011

An Enjoyable Way to Start the Day

For me, mornings are my favorite part of the day. Whether it is a work day or the weekend, I enjoy the stillness and the ability to let my thoughts not be tainted one way or another yet by what the day might bring.

And while I know there are many people who are night-owls, I tend to leave my evenings for pleasure and relaxing, knowing that the day has reaped some successful results.

Since the mornings are the time I can make my own and aren’t weighted down by responsibility, I tend to enjoy waking up early when I’ve had a good night’s sleep and easing into the day.

Depending upon the time of year, I tend to be able to enjoy each of the following, summer and spring for example, while other seasons make it a little more difficult; however, when I give myself enough time, the ability to enjoy these simple luxuries always helps to make the day ahead a bit more successful and productive. Here are a few ways to help create an enjoyable and auspicious start to the day:

1. Wake up early after a good night’s sleep

2. Take in the fresh air – go for a walk – greet the sunrise (your dogs will thank you)

3. Yoga (10-20 minutes) sun salutations or another form of exercise

4. Enjoy freshly brewed coffee or tea

5. Shower – wash your face – take your time getting beautiful

6. Savor a well-balanced breakfast (oatmeal, one egg, 1/2 whole wheat toast & OJ are my go-to choice)

7. Check the headlines – listen to NPR, read the newspaper, check out your favorite column/section or watch your favorite morning hosts if it applies to your job or interest.

8. Check your planner – look at what the day ahead will bring

9. State a positive mantra to yourself or visualize the day ahead as you’d like to have it play out.

Let the day begin! And click here to read tips on how to have a luxurious work day.

I’d love to hear what works for you in the morning before you head out the door. Please do share.

Images: (1)  Heartbeatoz (2)   Sebastian (3) Southern Sophisticate  (4) Musings in Femininity

11 Comments:

At June 14, 2011 at 3:21 AM , Blogger Plami said...

I deeply dislike waking up early in the morning but your tops will definitely better this experience! Thanks!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

 
At June 14, 2011 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Monika-icoulddothis.blog said...

I`m dreaming about that kind of morning, unfortunately I`m a stay late at night person so my mornings are terrible, I just can`t wake up, but freshly brewed coffee helps a bit :)

 
At June 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Becky said...

Wow. This is even better than your how to have a luxurious work day post. I love how you continue to top yourself. I'm printing this list out and will add atleast 2 of these suggestions to my life. The mornings have ben more rough on me lately than usual. I think these suggestions will help me straighten things out. :)

 
At June 14, 2011 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Talia said...

I am a morning person and will absolutely incorporate some of your suggestions to my morning routine.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I too am a morning person. I have been looking to restructure my routine..than you for the great ideas!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

Hi Shannon, I too am a morning person and just the other day was commenting on how I wish I could come in to work just an hour later in order to cherish the time to myself even more.
Lovely posts as of late, love the Gucci resort collection, very doable.
Cheers to a great week-ending.

 
At June 16, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Carrie, I can completely relate as when the school year is in full gear, I wish I didn't have to be at work at 7:30 but instead just 8:30 so I could savor the start to the day a bit more. I am so much more productive in the AM.

 
At June 16, 2011 at 11:03 PM , Blogger Peggy and Fritz said...

I'm several months behind in reading but I have all your posts saved so I can read them all. You post is my perfect morning. I take my cup of coffee out to the front porch and read my NY Times listening to the waves crash. I love the silence.

 
At June 17, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Peggy and Fritz - such a lovely compliment. Thank you. xo

 
At June 21, 2011 at 7:48 PM , Anonymous Cleo said...

Fabulous. Great inspiration to do something positive in the morning instead of simply dragging yourself from bed and rushing around getting ready for work. Thank you! :)

 
At May 10, 2013 at 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to curl up in a chair by the window and sip hot water with lemon & ginger while thinking about nothing very much. It gives my brain a chance to get from neutral into gear...

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home