The Simply Luxurious Life®: The After Christmas Calm  

December 26, 2009

The After Christmas Calm


In my effort to channel all things French this morning, I spritzed a bit of Chanel No. 5 on, watched Barefoot Contessa while she walked through Paris talking of flower arrangements, fromage, omelets and profiteroles, all the while walking away the holiday calories on the treadmill. I then cleaned up and headed out shopping listening to Madeline Peyroux's Careless Love album, hoping to find some diamonds in the rough in the small, yet quaint town of Joseph, Oregon.

The day after Christmas finds shops with sale signs hanging in every window it seems, and it was no different in this small town. Whenever I am visiting my family for the holidays, I always frequent a locally owned boutique, BeeCrowBee , that specializes in making sumptuous smelling soaps, candles, lotions, bath scrubs and oils, as well as herbal teas. The clean, spa-like aesthetic is a rare treat compared to cluttered shops that display so many items your eyes are bombarded and aren't sure where to look. Today, as I was browsing, the owner, Will Roundy, was working away on a huge block of soap, slicing it into sellable sizes. There is just something about watching somebody at work on their craft.
Over the years I have purchased scrubs, washcloths and towels (made out of bamboo and oh, so soft, even more so after each washing), and I regularly sip his teas in the evening after a long day at work. My favorite blend is the lavender scented black tea - calming and aromatic, all rolled up in one. Today, I left with a bottle of lavender bath oil, giving myself just another reason to pamper myself a bit more.
Au revoir!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home