The Simply Luxurious Life®: This & That: No. 76  

September 17, 2013

This & That: No. 76

A few recent finds that I am loving and want to share, a shoe for next summer at a lovely price and more . . .

~App

1. Rain, Rain

Like many of you based on your comments and emails, my mind is always working, thinking, planning, predicting, etc. So when I go to bed at night, a silent room gets in the way of falling asleep because my mind takes over. What I’ve finally discovered is an app that produces the sounds that quiet my mind because they bring with them a sense of tranquility. For me those sounds are anything to do with rain and water. The free Rain, Rain app offers a long list of simulated sounds – summer rainstorm, ocean waves, thunderstorm, rain in a car, etc, that play endlessly and can end based on the time you set or a sleep timer you prefer.

~Article to Read

2. 7 Ways to Find Inner (and Real) Happiness – Huffington Post

The quest for happiness is infinite it seems, but often we look for it in the wrong places. Oprah bloggers, radio hosts of ‘Going Out of Your Mind’ on Vivid.com and award winning authors of Be the Change: How Meditation Can Transform You and the World, Ed and Deb Shapiro, offer a worthwhile article on finding actual happiness.

~Blog

3. The Bold Life: Inspiration for Fearless Living

The founder of the blog The Bold Life, Tess Marshall offers readers endless inspiration and guides to live a life full of love and kindness and you find your courage the live the life of your dreams.

~Shopping

4. Lauren Ralph Lauren Stripe pajamas (other colors available)

On my trip home from the coast this past weekend, I had to stop into Nordstrom, and as I’m always looking for classic, comfortable pajamas, I was excited to find this blue and white stripe pair from Lauren by Ralph Lauren. It’s funny how things pop up when you aren’t specifically looking for them. Well, needless to say after having a head-ache of a time finding pajamas these past few years, I pounced when I saw these. And at this price if you’re in the market for a pair, you might want to consider them as well.

5. Aerin Palau sandals

One other treasure I discovered (but did not buy) was a pair of sandals from Aerin Lauder that were marked down 50%. Washington Square in Portland had far more sizes than what is offered online (6 & 7.5), but let me assure you, they are delightful to wear. If you have an extremely high arch, these may not be your pair, but I do have a decently high arch and they fit just fine.

~Book

6. Joie de Vivre: Secrets of Wining, Dining and Romancing like the French by Harriet Welty Rocheford

Another gem of a Francophile book has found its way to my night table. I am loving Harriet Welty Rocheford’s recently released book Joie de Vivre: Secrets of Wining, Dining and Romancing like the French . Having married a Frenchman and lived in Paris for decades, she offers wonderful anecdotes and insights into the beloved French way of living. I do think you’ll enjoy.

2 Comments:

At September 17, 2013 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Thank you for the book recommendation! I placed a hold on it at the library and look forward to reading it.

 
At September 17, 2013 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Ana Mascara said...

That book sounds really interesting.
I'll for sure look for it next time I am at the bookstore.
Oh and that app... O_O Just awesome!

Thank you for all the suggestions!

Love from Canada
❤anamascara.blogspot.ca❤

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home